Wedding DOs and DON’Ts - After Your Big Day
- Assign someone to attend to your gifts after the reception
- Assign someone to collect and return all rented items from your wedding day
- Preserve your gown…your own daughter or another family member may be able to use it one day
- Store your memories carefully
- Store your wedding photos carefully
- Don’t skip the honeymoon, you will be sorry if you do!
Trending Now: Bark
Wedding DOs and DON’Ts - On Your Big Day
- Remember to allow time for table visits during your reception
- Look at your guests when walking down the aisle with a big smile, you don’t want to miss your own wedding
- Have scotch tape available at the gift table
- Do not go over 5 minutes when making a toast
- Offer sparkling cider as well as champagne for the toast, some guests may not drink alcohol
- Be sure to eat on your wedding day, it’s easy to forget or be too excited but you don’t want to get run down
- Don’t leave your guests too long between the ceremony and reception
- Don’t drink too much at your wedding, you want to remember every last moment
- Take time to visit with as many guests as possible
- Take time to look around and enjoy everything you have been planning for so long
Congratulations Kaitlin and TJ! What a great couple to have here at Lime Spring to celebrate their reception. There were four extra bars set up throughout our venue to accommodate the 300+ guests that came to celebrate Kaitlin and TJ’s nuptials. It gave everyone the chance to walk around and utilize our houses - which we love. Kaitlin and TJ had a signature drink, the TKO, created to offer guests that was served in mason jars. Guests could personalize their mason jars to hold on to for the evening and take home at the end of the night. Guests could also record on video their well wishes for the bride and groom. It was such a great idea because guest could personalize their messages and we loved how creative everyone was!
Luckily, it did not get too cold before everyone headed down to the tent for the reception. We loved the fact that the groom chose his sister to be his best man! Both she and the Maid of Honor, who was the bride’s sister, gave lovely speeches about Kaitlin and TJ. The entertainment for the evening, provided by Barcelona of EBE, kept the party going with their exceptionally fun live music. Everyone was up and dancing, especially the kids who really showed everyone up on the dance floor.
The JDK Group provided the delicious food and exceptional set-up. Floral Designs of Mount Joy created the beautiful flower centerpieces with the cake designed by Sweet Jazmines Pastry Shop. Kim and John of Sanderson Images were the photographers. EBE also provided the fabulous lighting.
We were so happy to be able to accomodate everyone for Kaitlin and TJ’s reception. We hope everyone had a great night with memories to last forever. We wish Kaitlin and TJ all the best in the years to come!
Trending Now: Garlands
Congratulations Laurie and Jesse! We were so happy to have this lovely couple here at Lime Spring for their wedding and reception the last weekend in October. It was a lovely fall day, with the leaves finally changing to their bright florescent orange and falling all around our farm. The ceremony was held over by our pond instead of over by the houses - we loved the change in perspective! Hay barrels and pumpkins decorated the aisle with the fallen leaves crunching under everyone’s feet as they went to take their seats. The bride’s grandfather was the celebrant for the wedding which was a really special touch for the entire family.
After the ceremony, everyone enjoyed the cocktail hour where the bride and groom set up some activities for their guests. Guests were encouraged to write down their “words of wisdom” for Laurie and Jesse and then place them in the miniature suitcase. Guests could also include their thumbprint on the couple’s tree and add their name next to it. One of our favorite ideas for the bride and groom to have as a keepsake!
The JDK Group provided their exceptional catering services. Sarah Klunk of Sarah’s Floral Designs created the fall inspired bouquets. Lancaster Cupcake created the mini creations with the Pie Lady Cafe creating the scrumptious pies. DJ Kloch of Kloch Entertainment provided the entertaining music, Heather Johnson was the photographer and Shumaker PDT provided the added ambiance of beautiful lighting inside the reception tent..
A very special congratulations again to Laurie and Jesse. We wish them all the happiness in the world and the best of luck in the years to come!
Wedding DOs and DON’Ts - Vendors
- Look for your ceremony and reception sites first – one year out is average
- Make appointments with vendors so you are not disappointed if they are unavailable
- See several of each vendor before making these important decisions
- Make sure you are comfortable with and like all of your vendors
- Consider having wedding and reception at one location, it is much easier for timing
- Think about how the wedding colors you select will look at the reception site
- Have a tasting for your reception food and your wedding cake
- Be sure to ask about decorating restrictions at your reception facility
- Be creative and personalize your wedding
- Remember evening receptions are assumed to be more formal than daytime receptions
- If you have an outdoor ceremony, be sure to have a backup in case of bad weather
- Don’t overbook your limo, they will usually seat 10